Tuesday 20 September 2011

Week 9 - Response to Content

You have been thinking about what topic you will choose for your final essay. Have a look at the questions on the announcements page. You should choose only one of the questions to answer. You may think of another topic but you must have it approved by your tutor during the tutorials.

Post your essay plan: What is your topic? What is your position? Analyse the elements of the topic. Sketch your response to each of the elements. What conclusion does that bring you to? Summarise in 200 words. There you have a plan for your essay.

The topic I have chosen for me essay is 'Does the extensive use of computer/video games have an adverse impact on the health of young people. what are the most recent papers? Clarify what both sides of the argument claim and only then offer your reasoned opinion based on facts'. My plan is to firstly gather information from various academic sources and then build my knowledge on the topic. After I have done this I will begin to structure my essay paragraph by paragraph explaining each concern to young individual’s health. I want to discuss how it may cause obesity and the effectiveness of the WIFIT, violence in real life, its outcome on academic outcomes and behaviour. The conclusion I will most likely come to be that yes computer/video games are contributing negatively to young people’s health and that maybe they need to be moderated by their parents and they need guidance about what is right and wrong and what they should be spending their time doing rather than playing such games.

Below are two links to many of the articles I will be using to assist in writing my essay and I plan to find many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment