Tuesday 26 July 2011

Week 2 - Tutorial Task




Part 1B:
This is a video on YouTube about Hacktivism. I chose this link as I am learning new things about Hacktivism and it is very interesting considering I knew nothing about it until last week.


PART 1C: Facebook when it first came out was very difficult to get started and to learn how to use. On YouTube there are many video's with step by step instructions to show you how to start up a Facebook account. This is just one example:


Part 2:
The first use of communication technology I can remember was when I was around the age of 12. I created an MSN address so I could talk to my friends at night after school and send and receive emails. This then changed into MySpace a couple of years later which then became the main form of communication between my friends and I. Finally I moved from MySpace to Facebook which is what I still use today as a means of communication. I think I was influenced to use these forms of technology as I got older as everyone was using it so I wanted to be apart of it and use them too. That is how I slowly evolved through each form of technology. I found out about all of these forms of communication technologies through friends. They began using them first and then showed me how to set one up. I am a little worried about my privacy when using these sights. I tend to set everything on private and only allow my friends who I personally accept to view my information and photos. I don't like the fact that as soon as you make any photo your display picture that it is forever on the internet and when you look up your name on Google there are pictures there of you. I don't believe I have anyone on my Facebook who I have not met before. I only accept people I know. I never really liked twitter it doesn't interest me at all and I don't think it ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment